We would love to see a bulk delete option for complex dates. All of our courses are lengthy with a high volume of complex dates that have a semi-regular pattern. For example:
- We have a 18 or 28 week course with a combination of online and face to face learning.
- They have a Face-to-face session on the very first day followed by several weeks of online learning where they do not come onto campus.
- They then come onto campus for an intensive period of running 80 session over 10 weeks (fulltime) or 80 sessions over 20 weeks (part-time).
- They then have a 3 week period to go out and do industry work experience. Followed by one face-to-face check in session before going out for another 3 weeks into industry
- They then finish on campus for a face-to-face wrap day.
So with 80 face-to-face sessions in the middle of the block we use the PATTERN function when timetabling as it is far quicker that manually putting in 80 sessions - i.e.
- Mon AM, Mon PM, Tue AM, Tue PM, Wed AM, Wed PM, Thu AM, Thu PM (Mon-Thu Full-time 8 sessions per week)
- Mon EVENING, Wed EVENING, Sat AM, Sat PM (Mon, Wed, Sat Part-time 4 sessions per week)
The challenge then becomes that when the pattern is applied it is applied for the full 18 weeks of the course so we end up with 144 complex dates and then have to go in and delete 63 sessions to leave the 83 that we want to keep (1 session Welcome day, 80 sessions course, 1 check in day, 1 wrap day)
We are ok with deleting the session but the frustrations are:
- Having to delete them one by one
- When you delete the screen refreshes and it takes you back to the top and you have to scroll back down past 100 complex dates to find the next one to delete, rather than just deleting and staying where you were in the middle of the complex dates
- With so many complex dates if you have to change a Monday to a Friday because of a public holiday you click the edit button but again have to scroll past 100 complex dates to get to the areas to edit or amend.
What would be ideal is to have a check box next to each complex date so you could go through the 144 complex dates select the check box on each of the individual the 63 complex dates as you work down the list and then bulk delete once.
This would save a lot of time as well as a lot of scrolling a double checking in making sure you are back at the correct date.
Please sign in to leave a comment.