aXcelerate has the capability to read Moodle Course Completion changes and then pull in and update unit outcomes within aXcelerate based on this data.
Note: aXcelerate can only pull in completion statuses for course completion. Commencement statuses are not updated within aXcelerate until the full completion has been recorded.
Setup Moodle Course Completions
Within Moodle, At the site level completion tracking must be enabled from Site administration > Advanced features > Enable completion tracking for it to be available for use in courses.
At the course level, Completion tracking must then be enabled for each course, in Course administration > Edit settings > Enable completion tracking. Once enabled, the Course completion option will appear in the Course administration menu where completion can be defined.
Note: In order for Moodle to set completions, you must also set Completion tracking at the course level based on criteria. A recommended way to do this is to use course grade (grade to pass) completion tracking. Please refer to Moodle's Course Completion Settings guide for further information.
Configure Moodle Course Completion aXcelerate Settings
The following settings can be altered within aXcelerate. They allow you to further customise Moodle completion activity within aXcelerate:
Linked Learning Activity Updates Subject
This setting allows aXcelerate to update a subject from an Interim status to a competent status when a Moodle completion has been pulled through as completed.
Linked E-Learning Updates Subject Start Date
When Moodle Completions are pulled from Moodle, if this setting is enabled, aXcelerate will update the Start date of the associated unit to match the date which the student commenced the Moodle course within Moodle.
Check for Moodle Course Completions
- Expand the Course Category containing the course you wish to pull in completions for
- Click the Magnifying Glass icon for your desired Moodle Course
- Hover over the Actions Dropdown
- Click Update Completions
Tip: Moodle Completions are able to be run automatically using aXcelerate's Workflow Automation feature. Please refer to our Workflow Actions help article for further information on running Moodle Completions.
Note: Update Course Completions will check within Moodle for any new completions within the selected course and update the relevant status within aXcelerate if any new completions are found.
Linked Learning Activity Updates Subject Business Rules
The following rules are used by aXcelerate when determining whether an associated unit should be changed to a competent outcome in aXcelerate as Moodle Completions are checked within Moodle:
- A unit will NOT be updated to competent if there is any future dated learning scheduled. This means that if there are attached workshops to the unit and the workshop finish dates (or latest complex date) is in the future, the unit is not considered finished and will not be automatically marked.
- A unit will NOT be updated to competent if there are any other attached E-Learning activities that are not yet complete or cancelled.
- A unit will only be marked as competent if the initial competency code is an interim status which has already started (i.e. N.R, W, or CNA will not be updated).
If ALL of these checks return without error then the outcome will update.
Below is the outcome mapping which will be followed if the checks pass successfully. The unit status will be set to C (20) if the previous outcome was:
- CE (70)
- NYS (85)
- Blank ( )
- NYA (90)
The unit status will be set to C (1) if the previous outcome was:
- P + E (5)
- P (55)
- NoSt (105)