Xero is an external Finance Package that aXcelerate integrates with which allows you to export financial data into your Xero account.
Users will need the following permissions to utilise this integration:
- General Settings permissions to be able to setup and configure the integration
- Finance permissions to be able to add, view, update and delete appropriate financial records in the system
Note: Enabling the aXcelerate Xero integration incurs a one-off $900 + GST fee for aXcelerate Standard accounts. This integration is included at no additional cost for aXcelerate Turbo accounts. If you would like to enable the Xero integration, please contact our Customer Success Team.
Setup the Xero integration
- Go to Finance -> View/Export Finance Data
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Click Save Settings and Finish Setup
Tip: Enable Xero Inventory should be set to yes if you wish to export invoice and credit note item codes to Xero. When this option is enabled line item codes must exist inside Xero in order for invoices and credit notes to be exported.
Note: Enable Xero Tracking Categories should be set to yes if you wish to set tracking categories against finance subcodes. When this option is enabled finance codes must be imported from Xero.
Import Finance Codes
Import Finance Codes enables you to import the account/finance codes used in Xero into aXcelerate to support invoicing and payments related to your training services.
- Click the Import Finance Codes tab
- Select the Finance Codes you want to import
- Click Import selected Finance Codes
Note: Finance codes are automatically set to be unique, ensuring that the same finance code cannot be added more than once for reporting purposes. If this is not the case for your Finance Setup as you may utilise multiple cost centre codes, please contact aXcelerate. In this situation, it will also be important to rely on reporting from your finance/accounting package.
Warning: When exporting to an external Finance System the Finance Codes must match.
Export financial data to Xero
Financial data in aXcelerate can be exported to Xero. Information that can be exported includes Contacts, Invoices, Payments, Credit Notes, Refunds and Credit Allocations. Tabs should be exported from left to right.
- Click the tab for the information you want to export
- Select dates in the Date Filter
- Select the type of information you wish to export
- Click Search
- Click the Checkboxes next to the record/transaction you wish to export
- Click Export Selected
Tip: If you have Workflow Automation enabled in your account, you can automate the export of your financial data into Xero. Please refer to our Workflow Actions help article for further information.
Note: You will see the following message if your export has been successful: Successfully exported Invoice(s) to Xero.
Warning: Financial data exported from aXcelerate into Xero is locked and finalised.
Xero Integration Webinar
This webinar demonstrates:
- Configure the aXcelerate Xero Integration
- Exporting data to Xero