Note: Please be aware that the feature that we will provide for testing will not be a finished product. There may still be some minor issues we are working on when we begin beta testing. We appreciate your patience while any issues are still being resolved.
Becoming a Beta Tester
Becoming a beta tester assists us in refining updates and new releases of our software using your direct feedback. You can help to influence new features and updates to existing functionality in the system.
We are always looking for active participants to provide their feedback about upcoming features. Please let our Customer Success team know that you would be interested in beta testing and we will make a note to contact you when assistance is needed. We also proactively select and contact clients that we believe will be able to provide helpful and constructive feedback about a new development.
What is required of a beta tester?
- Must be responsive and able to actively participate in testing of new features
- Must be able to share constructive feedback
- Must have a well-established knowledge of the aXcelerate system
- The functionality of the new feature or update needs to be applicable to their organisation's use of aXcelerate
The Beta Testing Process
When a product is ready for beta testing we will make contact with client testers and gauge their interest in providing feedback about the feature.
- We will contact you about a new feature
- If you are willing to participate, we will provide access to the new feature to test
- We give you a time to test the feature and note your feedback
- We will schedule a time to contact you so that you may share your feedback
- We will document your feedback and pass it onto our development team to review
- Our development team will make changes to the feature based upon the feedback of all of the beta testing participants
- The product will be released
Tip: We may engage in a few iterations of beta testing feedback to ensure that the changes we implement adequately address the feedback that you have provided. A survey may also be released during testing to gather feedback in a uniform format.
Beta Testing FAQs
Why should I be a beta tester?
Becoming a beta tester helps us to deliver better software to you and all of our existing and future clients. This will also allow you to influence the outcome of a new feature by testing and sharing your feedback in its earlier stages.
Will my feedback be implemented?
During testing, we often get a vast range of suggestions but unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to develop them all. We have to pick and choose the most applicable and widely requested changes to implement. We are as excited about the possibilities of new development as you are, however not every suggestion can make it into the final product.
Keep in mind that just because the feature has been released, it does not mean we are finished with its development. Any ongoing improvements can be logged in the Ideas Forum so that we can continue to meet the requirements of our users after the release of the feature.
Will I get the feature being tested for free?
This largely depends on the product or feature being developed and will vary accordingly. The development may be related to something that will be available to all of our users on release in which case no fee is required. In other situations, we may provide the feature at a discounted rate for active participation from our beta testers. We will advise if there are any available discounts for participation during the testing process.