aXcelerate offers SMS integrations with no additional licence fees required, however, there will still be costs associated with the selected SMS provider. This functionality can be utilised with any SMS Provider who uses Email to SMS.
Email to SMS works by aXcelerate sending an email to an SMS provider who converts the email into an SMS to send to the selected recipient. For example, if you wanted to deliver an SMS to 61410101010, it will send as an email to 61410101010@SMSProvider'sDomain.com. Your SMS provider will then convert the email to an SMS compatible format, and send it to the contact provided.
Note: This will only work for SMS Providers who use the mobile number within the To: Field of emails.
Set up your SMS integration
SMS can be sent from Workshops, Classes or via Workflow in aXcelerate. However, prior to being able to do this, your SMS integration must be set up and configured.
- Select and engage with an SMS provider
- Purchase credit with your SMS provider
- Configure your SMS account as required for Email to SMS. If you are unsure of how to do this, please check with your SMS provider
- Determine your whitelisted email address
- Contact the aXcelerate Customer Success Team and let them know you would like to enable the SMS Integration. You will need to let the team member know your whitelisted email address and SMS Provider.
Tip: The whitelisted email address is the email that you will use for your Email to SMS functionality. This is often the email you will use to login with your provider. However, if you are unsure please check with your SMS provider.
Note: You must have SMS Credit with your provider to be able to send text messages to mobile numbers from aXcelerate.
Warning: Ensure you have an SMS provider that allows you to send mobile text messages in the correct Email to SMS format.