The Items List is available to add extra costs to invoices in addition to tuition fees or create manual invoices with one-off charges. The list of items makes it efficient when generating invoices by auto-populating the finance code, item description, unit price and GST. Examples of items to add to the Items List are administration fees, textbooks, materials and uniforms. It is very common that state funding utilises Item Lists to record resource fees.
Add a Finance item
- Click Add New Item
- Enter the Item Description
- Enter the Item Code
- Enter the Default Price (Gross) and select if it is GST Payable
- Click Submit
Tip: Finance Codes need to be created prior to creating Items.
Note: Display on Website, Image and Item Description are Legacy Fields which may be deprecated.
Warning: The Item Description and Item Code will appear on the invoice line item. Ensure these match your finance system (if exporting).
Update a Finance item
- Search for the item you wish to update
- Click the Update icon
- Make changes to the item as required
- Click Submit
Note: Changing an item will not affect previously generated invoices.
Deactivate and activate an item
Setting an item as inactive will cause it to be no longer available to apply to invoices.
- Search for the item you wish to deactivate
- Select the Deactivate icon next to the item
- View deactivated items by selecting the Inactive tab above the list of items
- Select the Activate icon next to the deactivated item you wish to reactivate
Tip: This feature allows you to put the item on hold but not completely delete it from your system.
Apply a Finance Item to an invoice
- Update an invoice that has not yet been locked
- Select the add icon under the line items
- Select and apply your item in the description box
Tip: Enter the item in the description box and a list will appear.
Note: Items can be added automatically to invoices by using Finance Models or applying them to a workshop type.
Warning: The search feature looks for 'starts with', ensure you begin to type your item as it appears in the list.