Trainers are existing contacts whose profiles are added to the Trainers list. On the Trainer's page, trainers can be added, updated, managed and deleted. The trainer list is the key area used in order to manage trainer competencies, capabilities, and basic trainer data.
Add a trainer
In order to allocate a trainer to any training instances within aXcelerate, they must first be added as a trainer. In adding a trainer you can then specify their website profile, external profile link, employment type, pay rate and contact hours where applicable.
- Click Add New Trainer
- Click the Contact icon to select the trainer's contact
- Search for the trainer's contact and select their Contact Name from the table
- Enter any other applicable fields
- Click Submit
Tip: If not changed, the employment type field will default to full time.
Note: A trainer has to be set up as a contact prior to being able to add them as a new trainer.
Update a Trainer
- Click the Update icon next to the applicable trainer
- Update the form as required
- Click Submit
Deactivate a Trainer
- Locate the trainer you wish to deactivate
- Click the Deactivate icon next to the applicable trainer
Tip: To view inactive trainers, click the Inactive tab. From that tab, simply click the activate button to reactivate a trainer.
Delete a trainer
- Click the Delete icon next to the applicable trainer
- Click Ok
Note: This will not remove the trainer from any courses they are already assigned to.
Warning: You cannot retrieve a trainer once they have been deleted and they must be recreated.
Set a Trainer User Role
Trainers have access to a restricted version of the Management Portal referred to as the Trainer Portal. Assigning the Trainer User Role to a user gives them access to the Trainer Portal when they login to aXcelerate. The Trainer User Role permissions controls trainers' accessibility of the system via the Trainer Portal. You can set up the Trainer User Role to give trainers access to aXcelerate in a way that meets your organisation's needs.
- Click Manage User Roles
- Click Add New User Role
- Set the Role Name
- Set the Role View as Trainer
- Set the default permissions
- Click Submit
To be able to configure a Trainer User Role, users will need the following permissions:
- Users must have User Management permissions enabled to be able to add, view and update users and user roles in the system.
Tip: Please refer to our User Management help article for further information on how to add a Trainer User Role and manage User Permissions.
Note: By default, trainers can only view their own classes and workshops.
Trainer Management Webinar
This webinar demonstrates:
- Adding a Trainer to the Trainer List
- Assigning the Trainer to Non-Accredited Training
- Adding Multiple Trainers to Workshops
- Applying Competencies
- Assigning the Trainer to Accredited Training
- Scheduling the Trainer for meetings via the Calendar
- Trainer Utilisation Reports
- Trainer Capabilities